Sunday, July 25, 2010

Whirlwind couple of days...

Sorry about the lack of posts for those of you that are actually reading this. :)

Friday evening, our kitchen sink backed up something fierce and I spent most of the evening leading up to Sabbath fighting with that -- to no avail.

Saturday, we went down to Eugene for services, and were treated to a wonderful late lunch/dinner by the Harmon family with all sorts of delicious vegetables, and pasta salads, etc..

I decided for sake of keeping things up on the go in San Diego (where I am now) I would cut the raw requirement as of the Sabbath this past week, and instead focus on healthy/primarily vegetarian/real foods for the duration of this week. I had a salad bowl at Chipotle's today on the way up to the airport, which filled me up! I've been working on snacking the rest of today. Eating healthy is tough to do in an airport, but I found some good stuff in Portland (dried bananas and cherries mixed with no additives) and then some cashews in Los Angeles. I'm not too hungry tonight. I really need to drink some more water. That's what I've been lacking today.

Excited to tool around San Diego tomorrow -- it looks like the first day meetings are for teams only, and since my team is not coming down until next week, it looks like I've got a day off. We'll find out officially tomorrow, but whatever will I do?? :) Whatever I do, it needs to be off the trolley line -- cabs suck.

I'm heading for Petco Park Wednesday night to watch the Padres take on the Dodgers. Other than that, I have nothing else planned... I want to make it to the Shout House one night this week, and I'd like to have dinner at Croce's at some point. That will just about blow my whole day's food budget though. lol

If I go easy the first couple days, that will open up my budget a little more towards the end. If my hotel has a complimentary shuttle to the airport, that will also help a bunch. I'm about to go find those things out.

Not sure how many updates I will keep you posted on, but I'm already starting to think a little bit different about my food choices. That didn't used to happen. I think that is a good thing.

P.S. The sink is still plugged up. If anyone in Salem has any other good ideas... we'd prefer not to call the 'rooter'

1 comment:

  1. Umm.. whenever our kitchen or bathroom sink plugs, I usually fill it up 1/3 to 1/2 full with clean water, then take the plunger to it like a champ and force whatever is blocking through. It's worked every time for me thusfar, but I dunno the severity of your blockage! That's about the extent of my plumbing knowledge, just make sure to wash out your sink well afterwards before washing any of your yummy fruits and veggies in it!

    ReplyDelete