Thursday, July 22, 2010



Going to keep this super short as I've already posted a near full post today. But today was another of the same kind of days. I haven't been eating a whole lot for breakfast, and in doing some reading, it sounds like a lot of raw folks don't. Their body is still detoxing from overnight, and they tend to find they're not super hungry in the morning.

I've been making sure to get up and get water going as soon as possible, and I've been drinking an herbal tea in the mornings (Cinnamon Apple Spice). Today for breakfast (about 9:00 am) I had a plum, and then about 1/2 to 1 hour later, I had a banana and some almonds. That carried me through until lunch. I made sushi for lunch (see the picture above) where I took the mock tuna salad, a.k.a. Crab Delight on From SAD to RAW, wrapped it in some Nori pieces, and then poured about a tablespoon of Soy Vay (which is surprisingly organic) to slightly flavor it. VERY GOOD!!!

I also had some of the Flax Seed crackers in Guacamole today, and some more Mexican Lettuce Wraps.

I made some more Larabars today, added water like the recipe suggested to help hold it together. Never again. Made them stickier than fly paper. Just pressing them together worked way better last time, altered the recipe slightly this go around -- instead of raisins as the dry fruit, I added dried cherries, and added 1/3 dried raisins in addition to the rest.

I put all of that together in my new Food Processor! I picked up a Food Processor (12 cup capacity, 500 horsepower motor) at Fred Meyer today, they were on sale for $50.

It. Is. Awesome.

The batch of Larabars went super fast, it has high enough capacity to do all of the crackers and chips and everything else. Will work great.

Other than that, another day towards 21. Next Tuesday marks the 21st day on raw foods -- 3 days into my San Diego trip. I'm not sure how that's going to work, but I'm going to do my best to stick with it while I'm travelling.

With that, I'm going to go -- the wife and I are going to watch some episodes from the first Season of the Cosby Show.

Cheers!
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment