Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home Again!

Well, I'm home again.

San Diego was fun, it's a beautiful city, with a very vibrant nightlife, and plenty of shops, restaurants, and attractions. A quick recap of my week.

Monday -- Got up at 5:00, hit the fitness center and worked out for about an hour, had breakfast at the hotel (paid 8.00 for a little fresh fruit and an herbal tea. After breakfast, walked to the store (about 3 miles) stocked up on fresh fruits, vegetables, and a couple of box salads for lunches. End result -- $50.00, but didn't have to buy breakfast or lunch for the rest of the week -- had dinner at the welcome reception.

Tuesday -- Woke up at 5:00, worked out, did breakfast, had morning sessions, Salad for lunch, did the afternoon sessions, and had almost 1500 calories left over for the day, so went to Kansas City barbecue and had some beef brisket. Yum! We went down to Seaport Village, and wandered around a bit where I met Murrugun the Mystic. (www.murrugun.com) we headed for Gaslamp and walked around a bit, all in all, fun night.

Wednesday -- Woke up at 5:00, worked out and had breakfast in my room. Did the morning sessions, went to the AVID luncheon for lunch and had a chicken dish, went to the afternoon sessions, then dinner on my own before the Padres game. Found a neat little Irish Pub, and had some fish and chips and a Guinness. Mmm... Guinness. Padres THRASHED the Dodgers 6-1, awesome game.

Thursday -- Did not wake up at 5:00... in fact, due to an alarm snafu, woke up at 9:30. ACK!!! Turns out I turned on some soothign music on the alarm to go to bed, and then set the alarm. Hit the off button to turn off the soothing music and it cancelled the alarm. Awesome... After the afternoon sessions we headed to Old Town and had some delicious mexican food. I had steak fajitas. After dinner, we headed to Gaslamp to go to the Shout House where we stayed until about 11:30 listening to some incredible live piano music.

Friday -- Woke up at 5:00 got all my stuff packed. I had some bagel and lox for breakfast as I was out of food in my room. For lunch, I had some Sushi at the airport, and then Izzy's for dinner when I got home with the family. Looking forward to some normalcy in my diet. Waiting to see as of Monday whether the choices I made were enough to keep the weight about the same. I'm betting I gained a couple of pounds, but we'll see. The workouts were pretty intense, and aside from dinner -- it was apples, bananas, salads, raw nuts, etc... I guess you never really know.

As of Tuesday this last week, the raw diet is over, and its all about real foods from this point on. I can't say I'm wheat and dairy free anymore, nor can I say I haven't had any refined sugars, but I have still not taken in any caffeine, and haven't had soda in almost a month. That will for sure remain as time goes on, and I'm avoiding refined sugars, wheat and dairy as much as possible.

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment